Sunday, December 11, 2011

Holiday Happenings

This past Friday my husband and I took the day off to Christmas shop, a tradition we began a few years ago and really enjoy. We try to get our children's gifts completed and tackle our nephews and nieces. It is also nice to spend a day alone just the two of us. Once about 10 years ago Tom said to me,"It is important we always work on us... without us there is no family" days like Friday and things like that make me really love him! Holidays can be so frantic and cause such stress. But having a day together made me stop and think without all the bows and trimmings all I really need is my family. The love they bring to my life is truly one of my greatest blessings and something we should all stop and celebrate during the holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment